The majority of customers looking to subscribe are typically everyday individuals needing a car to get around places. These individuals are looking for an affordable and flexible alternative to traditional methods of car ownership that often requires substantial upfront cost of a car purchase, along with the hidden costs of car ownership.
Reasons for subscribing to a car
While the use case for car subscription varies from individual to individual, the main driving factors driving the uptake in car subscription include:
- Car ownership is no longer seen as a priority with many individuals less likely to prioritise car ownership as they work toward entering the property market.
- The ease of access with an affordable weekly or monthly payment that includes the necessities such as registration, insurance, servicing and warranty.
- The ability to swap vehicles as lifestyle needs change and/or to trial new automotive technology.
- Subscription provides a lower barrier of entry to trial electric vehicles and the suitability for their lifestyles - all without the long term commitment.
- A stopgap measure for long wait times on new vehicle arrivals, giving subscribers an affordable access to a vehicle for a more flexible duration than long-term car rental.